This festive season has seen a rise in the number of Kenyans living abroad who are in the country visiting relatives and friends.
Many of these Kenyans have always been looking for ways to invest back home. As is wont to be the case, one of the many sound investments that many of these Kenyans working abroad have been looking at is a home.
This is largely because there haven’t seemed to be a viable investment option through which they an own or buy a house back in the country flexibly.
Well, if you are a Kenyan living abroad, there is a way you can own a home in Kenya while still pursuing your dreams outside the country.
This is through the Co-operative Bank’s mortgage product that is specifically designed for Kenyans living abroad.
This mortgage facility comes at highly competitive interest rates in KES, USD, EURO and GBP.
Features of the Loan
- Buy a Residential or commercial property
- Buy a plot or land
- Joint Mortgage
- Mortgage Top Up
- Mortgage Takeover from Other Financial Institutions
- Equity Release
Requirements for the loan
For you to be eligible for the loan, you need to have the following:
- Full copy of Kenyan Passport/Kenya national Identity card
- Copy of Kenyan PIN certificate
- Valid copy of Residence / Work Permit
- Copy of recent Utility bill (gas, power).
- Letter from Employer stating employment terms
- Fill in and sign loan application forms
- 3 months latest Payslips
- 6 months latest certified salary bank statements
- Draft sale agreement or offer letter
- Copy of title for the property
- Evidence of down payment/deposit
- Registered specific Power of attorney (Optional)
You may CLICK HERE to find out how you can apply.